Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Chop Till You Drop

It's possible that sometime last year, someone somewhere must have tried turning me on to The Archie Bronson Outfit, but I probably ran the opposite direction when I heard the descriptions "David Byrne", "vocals" and "yelp", instantly crouching into my I Hate Clap Your Hands Say Yeah karate chop stance. If I'd heard the words "raw fucking cool guitars mixed way up front like a toothache" instead, 2006 would have turned out to be The Year Disco:Very First Heard The Archie Bronson Oufit, My New Favorite Band Of Right Now (Second Only To Deerhunter). Regretfully, I can only crank Jab Jab, Cherry Lips and Kink, all the while thinking about what I loser I am for only now stumbling upon this wonderful band. Don't make the same mistake I did, kids. You've still got time to turn your lives around. Listen to The Archie Bronson Outfit and be saved.

No comments: