Monday, April 25, 2005

Mea Culpa, Blog Kong, Mea Culpa

No sooner had I written the last post blaming Blogger.com for all the world's ills (i.e., fucking up the comment links on my postings, ruining my life, global warming, having a hand in nominating an even-more-homophobic-pope-with-a-Nazi-past, etc, etc), when I realized it was my fault postings did not show the comment links. I'd send Blogger a personal apology but then I wouldn't have time to post the latest track, now would I? And speaking of the latest track: it's by the incomparable Gabby Pahinui, the reigning King of the Slack Key Hawaiian Guitar. I know next to nothing about Hawaiian music, but I know what I like, and I really like Hi'Ilawe. It's taken from The Legends of Waikiki on the Hanaola Records/Cord International labels.

No comments: