Thursday, January 01, 2009

Freedom Isn't Free (Neither Is Our Blogger/Reader Relationship)

This is the time of year when I offer all fans of Disco:Very a free copy of my annual 2-CD compilation containing the songs I listened to the most throughout the last 12 months.

However, because this blog doesn't actually have any fans, I'll extend the offer to you instead.

The rules are simple: send your name (real or fake) and address to the e-mail listed in the column at right, and within a week or two, you'll find a package in the mail containing 2 CD's of music. There is no fee for this annual document--you have paid the price already by enduring me and my snide remarks as I taunted your taste in music throughout the past year.

As an added bonus, there is now a game you can play at home when your discs arrive. Simply print up your copy of Disco:Very 2008 Bingo, cut it out and play along as the discs unspool on your stereo. You'll get hours of amusement ticking off all the characteristics of this year's music, long after you have come to the realization that the 2008 compilation is nearly identical in structure to the last one and the one before that and the one before that.

Happy New Year's, suckers!

5 comments:

jonder said...

I just can't wait. This is better than Christmas! The bingo card is like a teaser -- I'm already trying to guess which songs are on the CD's.

General Boy said...

I am making my way through it now. Sorry I have not yet given you any feedback. My first impression is that this comp seems more dense than previous releases. I'm used to popping one in and just enjoying it. This one isn't like that. I realize I'm going to have to set aside some time to really listen to it, and I just haven't done it.

I will. I must.

General Boy said...

OK. Listening to it now. Enjoying. Listening.

General Boy said...

Your silence pains me.

TMK said...

One of the best Disco:very yet.