Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Hot Crunk In The Summertime


YoYoYoYoYo is the perfect summer album, when everything is about hot sweaty dancing and even hotter, even sweatier nasty fun. You can't see it right now but I'm listening to Backyard Betty and Sweet Talk and my skinny butt is shaking all over the place. Maybe your ass is quivering, too, or maybe it's waiting for something a little more juicy? All right, then--here's Bump, which has the type of female empowerment raps Helen Reddy could have written if she'd waited 40 years to be born. Spank Rock, I summon thee to play my hometown. You need to see me shaking my pimply butt in person.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...the type of female empowerment raps Helen Reddy could have written if she'd waited 40 years to be born

Um, no. Not even a little bit. The rap appropriates the sexploitation of male raps without challenging, undermining or refuting it in anyway. I can't imagine Helen Reddy buying into that. Cher or Olivia Newton-John, yes.

Still, fun stuff, thanks for posting!

-lori